[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: nigh
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter I: Arjun-Vishad
- Have care our captains nigh to Bhishma's ranks
- Betwixt the armies; I would see more nigh
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- Shows wisdom perfect. What is midnight-gloom
- Is known for night, thick night of ignorance,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter V: Karmasanyasayog
- Nigh to the peace of God; and all those live
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- The thousand Yugas making Brahma's Night,
- Then know ye Day and Night as He doth know!
- When that deep Night doth darken, all which is
- At Brahma's Nightfall; and, at Brahma's Dawn,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- By Night, amid the asterisms I glide, the dappled Moon!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- The Three Worlds quake; the lower gods draw nigh Thee;
- Like moths which in the night
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XII: Bhaktiyog
- To serve only the Highest, night and day
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIV: Gunatrayavibhagayog
- Then is he come nigh unto Me!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVII: Sraddhatrayavibhagayog
- And there is foul food kept from over-night,[Note 36]
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Notes
- [Note 36]Yatayaman, food which has remained after the watches of the night. In India this would probably go bad.