[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: age
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter I: Arjun-Vishad
- Then, at the signal of the aged king,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- As there come infancy and youth and age,
- From age to age; but infamy is worse
- Thy Karmabandh, the bondage of wrought deeds.
- Is Muni, is the Sage, the true Recluse!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- Is strong, I rise, from age to age, and take
- By singers and by sages, What is act,
- Governing the ventage of each entering air
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter V: Karmasanyasayog
- The embodied sage, withdrawn within his soul,
- Constant let each abide! The sage whose sou
- Passion, and fear, and rage; hath, even now,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- To gift of peace assured and heart assuaged,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- Whoso hath known Me, Lord of sage and singer,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IX: Rajavidyarajaguhyayog
- Passage to Swarga; where the meats divine
- Paradise spent, and wage for merits given,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- Of poets Usana, of saints Vyasa, sage divine;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- Of saints and sages, and the serpent races
- From Thy great eyes; Thy visage, beaming tender
- From sage and singer breaks the hymn of glory
- Why is Thy visage so?
- The visage that I know;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIII: Kshetrakshetrajnavibhagayog
- In birth, death, age, disease, suffering, and sin;
- Acting, yet not the agent; sees the mass
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIV: Gunatrayavibhagayog
- Birth, Death, Sorrow, and Age; and drinketh deep
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XV: Purushottamapraptiyog
- And all the eager verdure of its girth,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVI: Daivasarasaupadwibhagayog
- Brings into bondage. Be thou joyous, Prince!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- The agent; next, the various instruments;
- But knowledge, agent, act, are differenced
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Notes
- [Note 3]The whole of this passage is highly involved and difficult to render.
- [Note 14]I read here janma, birth; not jara, age
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Preface
- pancharatnani of Devanagiri literature. In plain but noble language
- sense to be faithfully preserved in the following pages; but Schlegel