[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: penance
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- Nor works well-done, nor penance long, nor prayers, nor chaunted
- Nor penance, nor gift-giving, nor with prayer
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVII: Sraddhatrayavibhagayog
- Who practise bitter penance, not enjoined
- By rightful rule penance which hath its root
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- As worship, penance, alms must be performed!
- And Worship, Penance, Alms, not to be stayed;