[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: will
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter I: Arjun-Vishad
- These who will fight with us, those we must slay
- O Madhusudan! will I strike to gain
- Their sins will light on us, if we shall slay
- These cannot see, or will not see, the sin
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- And sighing,I will not fight! held silence then.
- Ever was not, nor ever will not be,
- Will not exist. To see this truth of both
- These will I wear to-day!
- Will deem 'twas fear that drove thee from the fray.
- Will scatter bitter speech of thee, to mock
- Since the will governed sets the soul at peace.
- When that last step is reached! Live where he will,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- Compels him, even unwilling, into act;
- The gods will grant to Labour, when it pays
- The multitude will follow. Look on me,
- My ordinance thus, the wise and willing hearts,
- The objects of the sense will stir the sense
- Go to his ill, unwilling; as if one
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- And what inaction? I will teach thee this,
- With will of worship. Of the which be they
- Lies in the mind which gives, the will that serves:
- Will ache with error, for the Truth shall show
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter V: Karmasanyasayog
- Thus will he think who holds the truth of truths
- By strength of faith. [Who will may have this Light;
- Wherein who will shall find surety and shield!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- Steadfastly the will
- But he who will be master of himself
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- I will declare to thee that utmost lore,
- Worship what shrine they will, what shapes, in faith
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- With never-wavering will of firmest faith,
- Riseth, without its will, to life new-born.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IX: Rajavidyarajaguhyayog
- Now will I open unto thee whose heart
- The realms of visible things without their will
- With pious will. Whate'er thou doest, Prince!
- O Pritha's Son! whoso will turn to Me,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- And wish to give, and will to help, all cometh of My gift!
- Hanta! So be it! Kuru Prince! I will to thee unfold
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- So will I be again for thee; with lightened heart behold!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XII: Bhaktiyog
- Musing on Me him will I swiftly lift
- To reach Me, worshipping with steadfast will;
- Light when it will, and when it will depart,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIII: Kshetrakshetrajnavibhagayog
- And fortunes evil, with a will set firm
- Now will I speak of knowledge best to know
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIV: Gunatrayavibhagayog
- Yet farther will I open unto thee
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVI: Daivasarasaupadwibhagayog
- Fearlessness, singleness of soul, the will
- To-day we slew a foe, and we will slay
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVII: Sraddhatrayavibhagayog
- Savourless, filthy, which the foul will eat,
- Religion followed by a witless will
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- With body, speech, and will tamed to obey,
- Sacrifice heart and mind and will to Me!
- Relying on thyself, I will not fight!
- Vain will the purpose prove! thy qualities
- Against thy will, when the task comes to thee
- Dance to what tune HE will. With all thy soul
- Make Me thy single refuge! I will free
- According to Thy word, so will I do!