[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: vedas
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- The letter of their Vedas, saying, This
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- The place which they who read the Vedas name
- Richer than holy fruit on Vedas growing,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- Of Vedas I am Sama-Ved, of gods in Indra's Heaven
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- For not by Vedas cometh this, nor sacrifice, nor alms,
- Yet not by Vedas, nor from sacrifice,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XV: Purushottamapraptiyog
- Am called of men and Vedas, Life Supreme,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Notes
- [Note 30]I do not consider the Sanskrit verses here which are somewhat freely rendered an attack on the authority of the Vedas, with Mr. Davies, but a beautiful lyrical episode, a new Parable of the fig-tree.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Preface
- and the Vedas. So lofty are many of its declarations, so sublime its