[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: thy
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter I: Arjun-Vishad
- Thy scholar in the war! Therein stand ranked
- Whose names I joy to count: thyself the first,
- Thy kindred of the Kurus: and the Prince
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- Forbid thyself to feebleness! it mars
- Thy warrior-name! cast off the coward-fit!
- Wake! Be thyself! Arise, Scourge of thy Foes!
- Thy sense-life, thrilling to the elements
- For that which cannot suffer. Do thy part!
- Be mindful of thy name, and tremble not!
- If, knowing thy duty and thy task, thou bidd'st
- Thine arm for conflict, nerve thy heart to meet
- Thy Karmabandh, the bondage of wrought deeds.
- Shall save thee from the anguish of thy dread.
- Thy motive, not the fruit which comes from them.
- Thy piety, casting all self aside,
- Seek refuge in thy soul; have there thy heaven!
- Devote thyself: with perfect meditation
- To highest seats of bliss. When thy firm soul
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- Now am I by thy doubtful speech disturbed!
- Gives up his mortal powers to worthy work,
- Thy heavenly purpose. Spake Prajapati
- Depends from him.[Note 5] Therefore, thy task prescribed
- Moreover, for the upholding of thy kind,
- But all thy dues discharging, for My sake,
- Govern thy heart! Constrain th' entangled sense!
- Put forth full force of Soul in thy own soul!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- Thy birth, dear Lord, was in these later days,
- Have been, Arjuna! and of thy births, too!
- O Slayer of thy Foes! Albeit I be
- As, in the days gone by, thy fathers did.
- Another, O thou Glory of thy Line?
- And teach it. Knowing Truth, thy heart no more
- Of thy transgressions. As the kindled flame
- This doubt that binds thy heart-beats! cleave the bond
- Born of thy ignorance! Be bold and wise!
- Give thyself to the field with me! Arise!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- Learn now, dear Prince! how, if thy soul be set
- Still making Me thy Refuge thou shalt come
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- Thy work, the KARMA? Tell me what it is
- Thou canst be ADHIYAJNA in thy flesh?
- Have Me, then, in thy heart always! and fight!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IX: Rajavidyarajaguhyayog
- Destroyer of thy foes! They sink anew
- For Me, as Mine. So shalt thou free thyself
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- And here Thyself declaring unto me!
- Nor demons comprehend Thy mystery
- Made manifest, Divinest! Thou Thyself
- Thyself alone dost know, Maker Supreme!
- Clear and complete, Thy great appearances,
- The secrets of Thy Majesty and Might,
- Thyself! Yea, my Arjuna! thyself; for thou art Mine!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- As thou Thyself declar'st it, Sovereign Lord!
- The likeness of that glory of Thy Form
- Make Thyself visible, Lord of all prayers!
- Show me Thy very self, the Eternal God!
- I gather all in one in Me! Gaze, as thy lips have said,
- The gods are in Thy glorious frame! the creatures
- In Thy Divine form dwell,
- And in Thy countenance shine all the features
- Thy thousand thousand arms, and breasts, and faces,
- Thy central Self, all-wielding, and all-winning!
- From Thy great eyes; Thy visage, beaming tender
- Thy Universe. The worlds are filled with wonder
- Of Thy perfections! Space
- Huge, rainbow-painted, glittering; and thy mouth
- In all Thy worlds, east, west, and north and south.
- Now let Thy mercy unto me be given,
- Of Thy wide-opened throat, and lips white-tushed,
- Between Thy jaws they lie
- Lapping them up! Lord God! Thy terrors strike
- Why is Thy visage so?
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XII: Bhaktiyog
- Surely with Me on high. But if thy thought
- Thy faint heart fails, bring Me thy failure! find
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVII: Sraddhatrayavibhagayog
- Savourless, filthy, which the foul will eat,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- 'Tis well set forth, O Chaser of thy Foes!
- And Sudras, O thou Slayer of thy Foes!
- Th' Eternal Rest! So win thou! In thy thoughts
- But, trusting to thyself and heeding not,
- Relying on thyself, I will not fight!
- Vain will the purpose prove! thy qualities
- Against thy will, when the task comes to thee
- Waking the promptings in thy nature set.
- Dance to what tune HE will. With all thy soul
- Trust Him, and take Him for thy succour, Prince!
- Listen! I tell thee for thy comfort this.
- Give Me thy heart! adore Me! serve Me! cling
- Make Me thy single refuge! I will free
- Thy soul from all its sins! Be of good cheer!
- Which bred thy trouble vanished, My Arjun?
- Hath come unto me, by Thy favour, Lord!
- According to Thy word, so will I do!
- Blessing, and victory, and power, for Thy most mighty sake,