[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: soul
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter I: Arjun-Vishad
- Nay, and the souls of honoured ancestors
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- Burned into soul and sense,
- As the wise bear. The soul which is not moved,
- The soul that with a strong and constant calm
- Thus is the Soul declared! How wilt thou, then,
- Nought better can betide a martial soul
- Of those who held thee mighty-souled the scorn
- One steadfast rule while shifting souls have laws
- Least fixity of soul have such, least hold
- Seek refuge in thy soul; have there thy heaven!
- To highest seats of bliss. When thy firm soul
- Finds in his soul full comfort for his soul,
- Serve his free soul, which rests serenely lord,
- Since the will governed sets the soul at peace.
- The soul of the ungoverned is not his,
- To unenlightened souls shines wakeful day
- So is the perfect one! to his soul's ocean
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- The faithful soul; such earthly duty do
- In all he finds to do, with unyoked soul.
- Strongest; and high o'er all the ruling Soul.
- Put forth full force of Soul in thy own soul!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- Shall fall into my path; albeit, those souls
- Doth nothing that shall stain his separate soul,
- Whose crave is gone, whose soul is liberate,
- Lest one sigh pass which helpeth not the soul:
- Believing, he receives it when the soul
- Disparting self from service, soul from works,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter V: Karmasanyasayog
- The world of sense can no more stain his soul
- Yogins toil ever towards their souls' release.
- The embodied sage, withdrawn within his soul,
- That darkness of the soul is chased by light,
- The souls illuminated take that road
- Subduing self and senses, knowing the Soul!
- The Saint who shuts outside his placid soul
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- The Self by Soul, not trample down his Self,
- Since Soul that is Self's friend may grow Self's foe.
- Soul is Self's friend when Self doth rule o'er Self,
- But Self turns enemy if Soul's own self
- The sovereign soul
- Pureness of soul, holding immovable
- So living, centres on his soul the thought
- Beyond all scope of sense, revealed to soul
- Only to soul! and, knowing, wavers not,
- When the mind dwells self-wrapped, and the soul broods
- To the soul's governance; for perfect bliss
- His soul to the Supreme Soul, quitting sin,
- So blended, sees the Life-Soul resident
- In that Life-Soul contained. And whoso thus
- With inmost soul, stayed on My Mystery!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- Learn now, dear Prince! how, if thy soul be set
- The holiness of hallowed souls, the root
- That last is, the devout soul, wise, intent
- Those know Me BRAHMA; know Me Soul of Souls,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- Who is that BRAHMA? What that Soul of Souls,
- The Soul of Souls! What goeth forth from Me,
- Because the Soul is fashioned to its like.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IX: Rajavidyarajaguhyayog
- Yea! for the soul such light as purgeth it
- But My Mahatmas, those of noble soul
- Their souls to Pitris go to Pitris; minds
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- Truthfulness, equability, and grief or joy of soul,
- And, all for love of them, within their darkened souls I dwell,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- This, for my soul's peace, have I heard from Thee,
- Wherever soul's gaze lifts
- My strength of soul is fled,
- Thou, of all souls the Soul!
- That mortal eyes should bear to view the Immortal Soul unclad,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XII: Bhaktiyog
- These blessed souls come unto Me.
- Whose soul clings fast to Me. Cling thou to Me!
- Body and soul upon Me constantly,
- Seeking Me, heart and soul; vowed unto Me,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIII: Kshetrakshetrajnavibhagayog
- Of Life which seems, and Soul beyond, which sees,
- And that which views and knows it is the Soul,
- These all are wrought on Matter by the Soul!
- To reach perception of the Utmost Soul,
- PURUSHA, Ultimate, One Soul with Me.
- Whoso thus knows himself, and knows his soul
- By meditation find the Soul in Self
- The living, lordly Soul; the Soul Supreme,
- Are Nature's wont, for Soul to practise by
- The subtle Soul sits everywhere, unstained:
- The Soul's light shineth pure in every place;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIV: Gunatrayavibhagayog
- The sinless Soul to happiness and truth;
- Binds the embodied Soul, O Kunti's Son!
- Their souls to stupor, sloth, and drowsiness.
- Yea, Prince of India! Soothfastness binds souls
- The beams of wisdom, binds the soul to sloth.
- Moreover, when a soul departeth, fixed
- In hardened Ignorance, that blinded soul
- Take a mid place; the darkened souls sink back
- The Soul,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XV: Purushottamapraptiyog
- Senses and intellect. The Sovereign Soul
- Who have the eyes to see. Holy souls see
- And with his whole soul ever worshippeth Me.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVI: Daivasarasaupadwibhagayog
- Fearlessness, singleness of soul, the will
- How Souls go forth from Me; nor how they come
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVII: Sraddhatrayavibhagayog
- The soothfast souls adore true gods; the souls
- Serenity of soul, benignity,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- Are purifying waters for true souls!
- His own soul 'tis of Tamas, black and bad!
- What binds and what emancipates the soul:
- As poison to the soul, but afterward
- The soul bewildering. 'Tis of Tamas, Prince!
- With mind unfettered, soul wholly subdued,
- Sorrows no more, desires no more; his soul,
- Dance to what tune HE will. With all thy soul
- Thy soul from all its sins! Be of good cheer!