[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: son
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter I: Arjun-Vishad
- Embattled by the son of Drupada,
- And Yudhisthira, Kunti's blameless son,
- Drupada, with his sons, (O Lord of Earth!)
- Obeying Dhritirashtra's sinful son.
- Grandsires and sires, uncles and brothers and sons,
- Cousins and sons-in-law and nephews, mixed
- And power grew precious:-grandsires, sires, and sons,
- Brothers, and fathers-in-law, and sons-in-law,
- Those sons of Dhritirashtra, and our kin;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- Therefore, arise, thou Son of Kunti! brace
- When one, O Pritha's Son!
- O Son of Kunti! that a governed mind
- Toucheth tranquillity! O Pritha's Son!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- Prescribed[Note 4] by reason; next, the Yog, which bids
- Thou Son of Pritha! in the three wide worlds
- A better-lessoned mind, knowing the play
- Sense, mind, and reason these, O Kunti's Son!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- Forgoing tender speech and sound of song:
- Moreover, Son of Pandu! wert thou worst
- With sword of wisdom, Son of Bharata!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter V: Karmasanyasayog
- The wise mind takes no pleasure, Kunti's Son!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- He is not lost, thou Son of Pritha! No!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- The splendour of the splendid. Kunti's Son!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- He goes to what he looked for, Kunti's Son!
- But they, O Kunti's Son! that reach to Me,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IX: Rajavidyarajaguhyayog
- O Kunti's Son! though they pray wrongfully;
- O Pritha's Son! whoso will turn to Me,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- And of the viewless virtues, Fame, Fortune, Song am I,
- Of months the Margasirsha, of all the seasons three
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- Gaze, then, thou Son of Pritha! I manifest for thee
- Stood, to Pritha's Son displaying
- So did Pandu's Son behold
- Great Dhritarashtra's sons,
- Vayu[Note 24] Thou art, and He who keeps the prison
- As father to a son,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIII: Kshetrakshetrajnavibhagayog
- Yea! Son of Kunti! for this flesh ye see
- Yea! in its bodily prison! Spirit pure,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIV: Gunatrayavibhagayog
- Birth to all beings! Whoso, Kunti's Son!
- Binds the embodied Soul, O Kunti's Son!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVII: Sraddhatrayavibhagayog
- Being well-seasoned, cordial, comforting,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- Contrariwise of Truth. O Pritha's Son!
- His folly and despair. This Pritha's Son!
- As poison to the soul, but afterward
- Bitter as poison. 'Tis of Rajas, Prince!
- Is fixed by reason of the Qualities
- Learn from me, Son of Kunti! also this,
- Of song and senses, freed from love and hate,
- Where this song comes of Arjun, and how with God he spake.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Cover Sheet
- Song Celestial.
- Truslove, Hanson & Comba, Ltd.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Preface
- Brahmanic poem of the lessons of Galilee, and of the Syrian incarnation.
- by Mr. Thomson and Mr Davies, the prose transcript of the last-named
- There is little else to say which the Song Celestial does not