[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: mind
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- Be mindful of thy name, and tremble not!
- So minded, gird thee to the fight, for so
- Is less, far less, than the right-thinking mind.
- The mind of pure devotion even here
- Abandoning desires which shake the mind
- O Son of Kunti! that a governed mind
- Lets noble purpose go, and saps the mind,
- Till purpose, mind, and man are all undone.
- The mind
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- But he who, with strong body serving mind,
- A better-lessoned mind, knowing the play
- Sense, mind, and reason these, O Kunti's Son!
- But what discerns it stronger, and the mind
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- Lies in the mind which gives, the will that serves:
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter V: Karmasanyasayog
- With life, with heart, with mind,-nay, with the help
- The wise mind takes no pleasure, Kunti's Son!
- That one with organs, heart, and mind constrained,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- There, setting hard his mind upon The One,
- An idle mind; nor his who wears to waste
- Such is the likeness of the Yogi's mind
- When mind broods placid, soothed with holy wont;
- When the mind dwells self-wrapped, and the soul broods
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- Earth, water, flame, air, ether, life, and mind,
- Whose mind is cheated by the show of things,
- Those men of little minds, who worship so,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- Thou too, when heart and mind are fixed on Me,
- With mind set fast and trustful piety,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IX: Rajavidyarajaguhyayog
- The minds untaught mistake Me, veiled in form;
- Turning not otherwhere, with minds set fast,
- Their souls to Pitris go to Pitris; minds
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- And Rishis, Pitris, Manus, all, by one thought of My mind;
- I give a mind of perfect mood, whereby they draw to Me;
- The mind which apprehends and thinks; of Rudras Sankara;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- Gone is heart's force, rebuked is mind's desire!
- This friendly human frame, my mind can think
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XII: Bhaktiyog
- Of one set mind to all, glad in all good,
- The travail is for such as bend their minds
- Clasp Me with heart and mind! so shalt thou dwell
- Keeping an equal heart, with equal mind
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIII: Kshetrakshetrajnavibhagayog
- The elements, the conscious life, the mind,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XV: Purushottamapraptiyog
- Yea, and a sentient mind; linking itself
- With mind unclouded, knoweth all, dear Prince!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVI: Daivasarasaupadwibhagayog
- Truthfulness, slowness unto wrath, a mind
- Of little wit, dark-minded give themselves
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVII: Sraddhatrayavibhagayog
- Good rite, and true religiousness of Mind.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- Of body, mind, or speech, evil or good,
- Holding aloof from self with unstained mind
- Knowledge, the thing known, and the mind which knows,
- Low-minded, stubborn, fraudulent, remiss,
- Nought with firm mind, nor as the calm truth is:
- With mind unfettered, soul wholly subdued,
- Sacrifice heart and mind and will to Me!
- With mind intent? hath all the ignorance