[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: line
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter I: Arjun-Vishad
- And spake these words: Ah, Guru! see this line,
- Excellent chiefs, commanders of my line,
- Of kingly lines o'erthrown and kinsmen slain,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- Its boundary-line not leaping, and not leaving,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- There is a task of holiness to do,
- Because I slumbered, would decline from good,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- To Ikshwaku; so passed it down the line
- Declines, O Bharata! when Wickedness
- Another, O thou Glory of thy Line?
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter V: Karmasanyasayog
- Is well, and to do works in holiness
- Is hard to win without much holiness.
- Whoso is fixed in holiness, self-ruled,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- From holiness, missing the perfect rule?
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- The holiness of hallowed souls, the root
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IX: Rajavidyarajaguhyayog
- From every sin; a light of holiness
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- And thousand-fanged Ananta, on whose broad coils reclined
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XV: Purushottamapraptiyog
- Draw silvery beams, and fire fierce loveliness.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVII: Sraddhatrayavibhagayog
- Made in disdain or harsh unkindliness,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Notes
- [Note 1]Some repetitionary lines are here omitted.
- [Note 15]I have discarded ten lines of Sanskrit text here as an undoubted interpolation by some Vedantist
- [Note 26]The Calcutta edition of the Mahabharata has these three opening lines.
- [Note 28]I omit two lines of the Sanskrit here, evidently interpolated by some Vedantist.