[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: light
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter I: Arjun-Vishad
- Can bring delight, Govinda! what rich spoils
- Their sins will light on us, if we shall slay
- O thou Delight of Men, Janardana?
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- Lightly its garb of flesh,
- To unenlightened souls shines wakeful day
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- So let the enlightened toil, sense-freed, but set
- Those make thou not to stumble, having the light;
- To like and dislike, yet th' enlightened man
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- I taught Vivaswata,[Note 6] the Lord of Light;
- Who, lighting subtler fires, make purer rite
- Joys of the sense, delights of eye and ear,
- Enlightened and emancipate, my Prince!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter V: Karmasanyasayog
- In doing, such breaks lightly from all deed:
- That darkness of the soul is chased by light,
- By strength of faith. [Who will may have this Light;
- Contentment, light, within: his life is merged
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- And he is neither who lights not the flame
- With joy of light and truth; dwelling apart
- Cometh not lightly to th' ungoverned ones;
- Is he not lost, straying from Brahma's light,
- When lightning splits it, and it vanisheth?
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- Of the moistened earth, I am the fire's red light,
- Certain of me, enlightened.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IX: Rajavidyarajaguhyayog
- Yea! for the soul such light as purgeth it
- From every sin; a light of holiness
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- Who seeth Me, Lord of the Worlds, with faith-enlightened eyes,
- Intellect, skill, enlightenment, endurance, self-control,
- Thou High Delight of Men! Never enough
- Vishnu of the Adityas I am, those Lords of Light;
- Maritchi of the Maruts, the Kings of Storm and Blight;
- Which brings to light all beings that are to be on earth;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- Therefore I give thee sense divine. Have other eyes, new light!
- Lighting earth, heaven, and hell
- With burning glance, and lips lighted by fire
- Flutter towards a light,
- The whole world hath delight
- Varuna's waves are Thy waves. Moon and starlight
- They knelt in worshipping the old world's far light,
- So will I be again for thee; with lightened heart behold!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XII: Bhaktiyog
- Light when it will, and when it will depart,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIII: Kshetrakshetrajnavibhagayog
- Contempt of sense-delights, self-sacrifice,
- Detachment, lightly holding unto home,
- Enlightening and encompassing His worlds.
- The Light of Lights He is, in the heart of the Dark
- With Nature's modes, the light hath come for him!
- Some, never so attaining, hear of light
- Like to the light of the all-piercing sun
- The Soul's light shineth pure in every place;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIV: Gunatrayavibhagayog
- Living unsullied and enlightened, binds
- Is born anew in some unlighted womb.
- For Light brings light, and Passion ache to have;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XV: Purushottamapraptiyog
- Another Light, not Dusk, nor Dawn, nor Noon
- The unenlightened ones
- Which strive thereto. Enlightened, they perceive
- Which lighten all the world: from Me the moons
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVI: Daivasarasaupadwibhagayog
- That lightly letteth go what others prize;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- Deprived of light, narrow, and dull, and dark.
- Trouble and ignorance are gone! the Light
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Preface
- of the poem, breaks forth into this outburst of delight and praise towards