[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: life
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter I: Arjun-Vishad
- The life within me seems to swim and faint;
- Of life itself seem sweet, bought with such blood?
- For whose sake life was fair, and pleasure pleased,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- Of other and of other life-abodes,
- Thy sense-life, thrilling to the elements
- Lives in the life undying! That which is
- Learn thou! the Life is, spreading life through all;
- Know naught! Life cannot slay. Life is not slain!
- I say to thee weapons reach not the Life;
- This Life within all living things, my Prince!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- The body's life proceeds not, lacking work.
- Glutting his idle sense, lives a lost life,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- Lay life itself upon the altar-flame,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter V: Karmasanyasayog
- Lost in the common life of all which lives
- With life, with heart, with mind,-nay, with the help
- Springing from sense-life are but quickening wombs
- Contentment, light, within: his life is merged
- In Brahma's life; he doth Nirvana touch!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- So blended, sees the Life-Soul resident
- In that Life-Soul contained. And whoso thus
- Whate'er his life, in Me he dwells and lives,
- Taught by his own similitude one Life,
- Beginneth life again in some fair home
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- Earth, water, flame, air, ether, life, and mind,
- Is, by its principle of life, produced;
- Know I am ADHIBHUTA, Lord of Life,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- Causing all life to live, is KARMA called:
- Right life! And, in the hour when life is ending,
- To life, which is the place of pain, which ends,
- Roll back again from Death to Life's unrest;
- Riseth, without its will, to life new-born.
- Another Life, not like the life of sense,
- This is that Life named the Unmanifest,
- Thither arriving none return. That Life
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IX: Rajavidyarajaguhyayog
- Living or lifeless! Thus the worlds go on!
- Th' Eternal Source, of Life. Unendingly
- The Friend, the Fountain and the Sea of Life
- Death am I, and Immortal Life I am,
- Arjuna! SAT and ASAT, Visible Life,
- And Life Invisible!
- If one of evil life turn in his thought
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- And Endless Life, and boundless Love, whose power sustaineth each;
- Living or lifeless, still or stirred, whatever beings be,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- The Fount whence Life's stream draws
- Doth to warm life surprise
- Filling life full, from birth
- Thou God of gods, Life's Dwelling-place and Rest!
- The worlds with wealth of life! O Treasure-Claimer,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XII: Bhaktiyog
- Which take the better way of faith and life?
- Forth from life's ocean of distress and death,
- Those happy ones to whom 'tis life to live
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIII: Kshetrakshetrajnavibhagayog
- Of Life which seems, and Soul beyond, which sees,
- Is Kshetra, is the field where Life disports;
- By the knower![Note 27] What it is, that field of life,
- The elements, the conscious life, the mind,
- Of Life's stuff, and the moulding, and the lore
- And holy life reach thither; some by works:
- Life is of moving things, or things unmoved,
- In every form, the same, one, Living Life,
- Those wise ones go the way which leads to Life!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIV: Gunatrayavibhagayog
- When, watching life, the living man perceives
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XV: Purushottamapraptiyog
- Leap to quick life at kiss of sun and air,
- This Aswattha of sense-life low, to set
- They have attained My rest, life's Utmost boon!
- When, in this world of manifested life,
- Am called of men and Vedas, Life Supreme,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVI: Daivasarasaupadwibhagayog
- Nor purity, nor rule of Life. This world
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- To see one changeless Life in all the Lives,
- The coming forth and going back of life,
- Of life, the action of his senses; fixed
- For life's sake, and the love of goods to gain,
- And at the last, and all the way of life