[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: how
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter I: Arjun-Vishad
- How vast it is of Pandu fighting-men,
- Our battle shows where Bhishma holds command,
- The rule of all Three Worlds; then, how much less
- How should not we, who see, shun such a crime
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- How hath this weakness taken thee? Whence springs
- How can I, in the battle, shoot with shafts
- Thus is the Soul declared! How wilt thou, then,
- How, if thou hearest that the man new-dead
- Confirmed in holy meditation? How
- How grows serenity? and, wanting that,
- That gives itself to follow shows of sense
- Shows wisdom perfect. What is midnight-gloom
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- Shown to this world; two schools of wisdom.
- And how the qualities must qualify,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- How shall I comprehend this thing thou sayest,
- How action may be rest, rest action he
- Even in the present world. How should he share
- Will ache with error, for the Truth shall show
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- Show all as one. By this sign is he known
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- Learn now, dear Prince! how, if thy soul be set
- Make up the showing of Me, Manifest.
- To pierce that veil divine of various shows
- Whose mind is cheated by the show of things,
- Hidden behind my magic veil of shows,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- Means ADHIDAIVA? Yea, and how it comes
- How good men find thee in the hour of death?
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IX: Rajavidyarajaguhyayog
- Plant foot upon the highest path; how then
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- How shall I learn, Supremest Mystery!
- Yet how shouldst thou receive, O Prince! the vastness of this word?
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- Show me Thy very self, the Eternal God!
- I show thee all my semblances, infinite, rich, divine,
- So He showed! If there should rise
- Even as they show thus gallantly; My instrument art thou!
- How should they not proclaim
- How, in the wide worlds three
- Be merciful, and show
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XII: Bhaktiyog
- Whoever serve Me as I show Myself
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIII: Kshetrakshetrajnavibhagayog
- And how it wotteth-hear these things from Me!
- How Matter, and what deals with it, divide;
- And how the Spirit and the flesh have strife,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIV: Gunatrayavibhagayog
- Past the Three Modes? How liveth he? What way
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XV: Purushottamapraptiyog
- How it must end, and all the ills of it,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVI: Daivasarasaupadwibhagayog
- How Souls go forth from Me; nor how they come
- Have but a show of reverence, being not made
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVII: Sraddhatrayavibhagayog
- Religion shown in act of proud display
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- How these are set apart by Qualities.
- Lays hold of perfectness! Hear how a man
- How one, attaining perfect peace, attains
- Me as I am, how high and wonderful,
- By great Vyasa's learning writ, how Krishna's self made known
- The Yoga, being Yoga's Lord. So is the high truth shown!
- Where this song comes of Arjun, and how with God he spake.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Preface
- evidence, however, tends to place its composition at about the third