[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: heart
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter I: Arjun-Vishad
- So that the clangour shook their foemen's hearts,
- Such kith grown enemies Arjuna's heart
- And let fall bow and arrows, sick at heart.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- So spake Arjuna to the Lord of Hearts,
- Words lacking wisdom! for the wise in heart
- Thine arm for conflict, nerve thy heart to meet
- Is all we have, or need; being weak at heart
- Comes perfect act, and the right-hearted rise
- What is his mark who hath that steadfast heart,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- Yet in his idle heart thinking on them,
- Not sowing in those simple, busy hearts
- My ordinance thus, the wise and willing hearts,
- Govern thy heart! Constrain th' entangled sense!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- From anger, from desire; keeping their hearts
- Whose heart is set on truth of such an one
- And breathe it forth to waft the heart on high,
- And teach it. Knowing Truth, thy heart no more
- This doubt that binds thy heart-beats! cleave the bond
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter V: Karmasanyasayog
- Pure-hearted, lord of senses and of self,
- With life, with heart, with mind,-nay, with the help
- With sins effaced, with doubts at end, with hearts
- That one with organs, heart, and mind constrained,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- Restraining heart and senses, silent, calm,
- To gift of peace assured and heart assuaged,
- Cumberless. But, as often as the heart
- Therein, no rest, because the heart of men
- To hold the wayward wind, as tame man's heart.
- Man's heart is to restrain, and wavering;
- Because no heart that holds one right desire
- So hath he back again what heights of heart
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- The true of heart, the faithful stayed on me,
- The heart thus asking favour from its God,
- Worship Me well, with hearts of love and faith,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- Have Me, then, in thy heart always! and fight!
- Thou too, when heart and mind are fixed on Me,
- Safe in his heart, centres the vital airs
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IX: Rajavidyarajaguhyayog
- Now will I open unto thee whose heart
- With hearts unwandering, knowing Me the Source,
- Who, offering sacrifice of wakened hearts,
- Nay, and of hearts which follow other gods
- Fix heart and thought on Me! Adore Me! Bring
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- Hearts fixed on Me; breaths breathed to Me; praising Me, each to each,
- I am the Spirit seated deep in every creature's heart;
- From whose great milky udder-teats all hearts' desires are strook;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- Gone is heart's force, rebuked is mind's desire!
- This frightened heart is fain
- Let no more trouble shake thy heart, because thine eyes have seen
- So will I be again for thee; with lightened heart behold!
- Calm thoughts once more; my heart beats still again!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XII: Bhaktiyog
- Lord! of the men who serve Thee true in heart
- Clasp Me with heart and mind! so shalt thou dwell
- Thy faint heart fails, bring Me thy failure! find
- Renouncing hope for Me, with lowliest heart,
- Seeking Me, heart and soul; vowed unto Me,
- Keeping an equal heart, with equal mind
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIII: Kshetrakshetrajnavibhagayog
- An ever-tranquil heart in fortunes good
- The Light of Lights He is, in the heart of the Dark
- Planted in every heart.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIV: Gunatrayavibhagayog
- And Ignorance in hearts not good nor quick.
- Whose equal heart holds the same gentleness
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XV: Purushottamapraptiyog
- Even though they strive, discern not, having hearts
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVI: Daivasarasaupadwibhagayog
- Towards all that suffer; a contented heart,
- Such and such wish of heart shall have its fill;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVII: Sraddhatrayavibhagayog
- Heedless of Shastras, yet keep faith at heart
- Sayeth, with heart devout, This I should do!
- Kept, with no hope of gain, by hearts devote,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- The very truth Heart's Lord! of Sannyas,
- Unflattered, in his own heart justified,
- And there be evil doers; loose of heart,
- Masters his beats of heart, his very breath
- Devoted with a heart grown pure, restrained
- Sacrifice heart and mind and will to Me!
- There lives a Master in the hearts of men
- Give Me thy heart! adore Me! serve Me! cling
- Thus have I told, with heart a-thrill, this wise and wondrous thing