[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: earth
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter I: Arjun-Vishad
- Drupada, with his sons, (O Lord of Earth!)
- With quaking earth and thundering heav'n.
- To seize an earthly kingdom! Killing these
- Kinsfolk and friends for love of earthly power,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- If I were earth's unchallenged chief
- And victor thou wilt reign an earthly king.
- The end and healing of his earthly pains,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- The faithful soul; such earthly duty do
- Fruits of the earth, rendering to kindly Heaven
- Of help for all the living things of earth
- And I should break earth's order and commit
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- Who knows the truth touching my births on earth
- To earthly birth: to Me he comes, dear Prince!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- But for earthly needs
- Earth-aches and ills, where one is moderate
- Like the vain cloud, which floats 'twixt earth and heaven
- Nor earth, nor heaven is forfeit, even for him,
- Is hard to be obtained on this earth, Chief!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- Earth, water, flame, air, ether, life, and mind,
- Of the moistened earth, I am the fire's red light,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IX: Rajavidyarajaguhyayog
- That farthest secret of My Heavens and Earths,
- Rightfully; so they fall to earth again!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- Which brings to light all beings that are to be on earth;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- Flooding earth with beams undeemed-of,
- Of earth, and heaven, and hell
- Lighting earth, heaven, and hell
- Earth, Heaven! Ah me! I see no Earth and Heaven!
- From end to end of earth,
- Thine earthly shape, which earthly eyes may bear!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XII: Bhaktiyog
- Linked by no ties to earth, steadfast in Me,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XV: Purushottamapraptiyog
- Its branches shoot to heaven and sink to earth,[Note 30]
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- For nothing lives on earth, nor 'midst the gods
- In My earth. Yea, furthermore,