[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: desire
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- Albeit, who wealth and power do most desire
- Abandoning desires which shake the mind
- Attraction; from attraction grows desire,
- Desire flames to fierce passion, passion breeds
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- Free from desire, and thou shalt well perform
- Foiled, soiled, enclosed in this desire of flesh.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- From anger, from desire; keeping their hearts
- In all his works from prickings of desire,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- Because no heart that holds one right desire
- For by the old desire he is drawn on
- Unwittingly; and only to desire
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- These am I, free from passion and desire;
- Yet am I right desire in all who yearn,
- By this desire or that, gives them to serve
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- The gates of all his senses, locks desire
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- From whose great milky udder-teats all hearts' desires are strook;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- Gone is heart's force, rebuked is mind's desire!
- Dread and desire continually to view!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XII: Bhaktiyog
- Quit of desires, hears praise or calumny
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIII: Kshetrakshetrajnavibhagayog
- Desire, dislike, pleasure and pain, and thought
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVI: Daivasarasaupadwibhagayog
- Fluttered by no desires; a bearing mild,
- Surrendered to desires insatiable,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- Out of desire; and their wisest say
- Aching to satisfy desires, impelled
- Desires for ever dead, results renounced.
- Sorrows no more, desires no more; his soul,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Notes
- [Note 7]Without desire of fruit.