[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: dark
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter III: Karma-Yog
- Passion it is! born of the Darknesses,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- Thorny and dark the path is! He who sees
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter V: Karmasanyasayog
- By folly, darkening knowledge. But, for whom
- That darkness of the soul is chased by light,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- Darkened but ardent, hath the end it craves,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- Dispersing darkness, unto him hath been
- When that deep Night doth darken, all which is
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- And, all for love of them, within their darkened souls I dwell,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- My darkness is dispelled; for now I know
- Darkness to dazzling day,
- Of Narak, Yama dark;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIII: Kshetrakshetrajnavibhagayog
- The Light of Lights He is, in the heart of the Dark
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIV: Gunatrayavibhagayog
- Of Darkness, blinding mortal men, binds down
- Darkness and dulness, sloth and stupor are,
- Of Ignorance is deeper darkness. Yea!
- Take a mid place; the darkened souls sink back
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVI: Daivasarasaupadwibhagayog
- And ignorance, to its own darkness blind,
- Of little wit, dark-minded give themselves
- Darkened by ignorance; and so they fall
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVII: Sraddhatrayavibhagayog
- Or passion-stained, or dark, as thou shalt hear!
- Or Yakshas; and the men of Darkness pray
- Of such as love the Darkness.
- The deed of Darkness! lost!
- Another, 'tis of Tamas, dark and ill.
- Is gift of Tamas, dark; it doth not bless![Note 37]
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVIII: Mokshasanyasayog
- From Darkness, and Delusion teacheth it.
- Deprived of light, narrow, and dull, and dark.
- There is dark Action: when one doth a thing
- Dull, slow, despondent children of the dark.
- That is of Tamas, dark and desperate!
- Is born of Tamas, dark and miserable!
- And foul and dark the Pleasure is which springs