[ Table of Contents | Search ]
The Bhagavad Gita
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Query was: birth
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter II: Sankhya-Yog
- Birthless and deathless and changeless remaineth the spirit for ever;
- The end of birth is death; the end of death
- Is birth: this is ordained! and mournest thou,
- Which could not otherwise befall? The birth
- Much profit in new births for works of faith;
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter IV: Jnana Yog
- Thy birth, dear Lord, was in these later days,
- Manifold the renewals of my birth
- Have been, Arjuna! and of thy births, too!
- Who knows the truth touching my births on earth
- To earthly birth: to Me he comes, dear Prince!
- Immortally, made all those mortal births:
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VI: Atmasanyamayog
- On Virtue's breast; but that is rare! Such birth
- Purged from transgressions, perfected by births
- Following on births, he plants his feet at last
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VII: Vijnanayog
- At end of many births to Me they come!
- Refuge from birth[Note 14] and death, those have the Truth!
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter VIII: Aksharaparabrahmayog
- They fall not those Mahatmas back to birth,
- Taste birth no more. If ye know Brahma's Day
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter X: Vibhuti Yog
- And birth and death, and fearfulness, and fearlessness, and shame,
- And bitter Death which seizes all, and joyous sudden Birth,
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XI: Viswarupadarsanam
- O Lotus-eyed![Note 21] whence is the birth of men,
- Filling life full, from birth
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIII: Kshetrakshetrajnavibhagayog
- In birth, death, age, disease, suffering, and sin;
- Married to matter, breeds the birth again
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XIV: Gunatrayavibhagayog
- With Me, they are not born again at birth
- Birth to all beings! Whoso, Kunti's Son!
- Birth, Death, Sorrow, and Age; and drinketh deep
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XV: Purushottamapraptiyog
- Even as the deeds of men, which take their birth
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter XVI: Daivasarasaupadwibhagayog
- On that fair path which leads to heavenly birth!
- These be the signs, My Prince! of him whose birth
- The Heavenly Birth brings to deliverance,
- So should'st thou know! The birth with Asuras
- Whose lot is set apart for heavenly Birth.
- Into some devilish womb, whence birth by birth
- Title: Bhagavad Gita: Notes
- [Note 14]I read here janma, birth; not jara, age